Health professionals in the Asia-Pacific are facing a rapidly ageing population. If you’re a physician, clinical researcher or allied health professional this key regional event will help you learn how to…
- Improve the identification of high risk patients
- Understand the similarities and differences in fracture risk and treatment response between Asia and the West
- Assess quality of life in your elderly patients with osteoporosis, osteoarthritis or sarcopenia
- Understand the consequences of low calcium intake
- Assess and manage secondary osteoporosis (e.g. related to cancer, diabetes etc)
- Manage patients with knee osteoarthritis
- Close the treatment gap by learning about the latest osteoporosis therapies
Meet-the-Expert sessions will give delegates the opportunity to discuss with world experts, learn about the latest products and services, and mingle with the colleagues from throughout the region. The Meeting will also be the premier venue for the presentation of new research in the field, and particularly research from the region.
The programme is of interest to a broad range of physicians and allied health professionals, including general practitioners and internists, rheumatologists, orthopaedic surgeons, endocrinologists, geriatricians, radiologists, pharmacists, rehabilitation specialists, physiotherapists, nutritionists, and orthpaedic nurses.
The learning objectives of the Conference are to train medical professionals, allied health professionals and clinical researchers so that they are better equipped to handle the growing epidemic of musculoskeletal diseases. The programme provides a concise and practical overview of these diseases, including the latest advances in their prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and sarcopenia, fracture healing and rehabilitation. As well as the latest regional research, the programme includes current topics of specific clinical relevance to health professionals in the region.